No nonsense in Oceania Nations Cup: Buzzetti
April 11, 2012 7:01 pm
Fiji Football coaching director, Carlos Buzzetti says fans should not think for one second that the Oceania Nations Cup in the Solomon Islands next month will be easy.
Questions have been raised about certain upcoming players such as Jone Salauneune who missed out on selection.
But Buzzetti says their selections are justified and they have chosen the required players to get the job done.
“This is a senior world cup qualification and we don’t play at home, we have absolutely every single professional player available in Europe, America and they will be available and we’re dealing with the big guns in a huge crowd. This is not an U17 or U20 competition, it’s for the Olympics and this is going to be a very difficult tournament for us aside that I put a squad which has no-one over 30 so we are looking to the future as well.”
The 31-member national squad marches into camp at the Ba Football Academy on Monday where Buzzetti plans to start one-on-one sessions with each player.
He says Fiji has had its successes in the past including a good outing for the Fiji U23s in New Zealand last month.
However, it’s all water under the bridge and hard yards are expected to be earned.