79 players applied for release : Yusuf
January 31, 2019 12:03 pm
The Fiji Football Association has confirmed that a total of seventy-nine players have applied for release in the transfer window which closed yesterday.
Fiji FA Chief Executive Mohammed Yusuf says there is 46 district to district applications while the rest is the clubs transfers.
Yusuf says Suva midfield Tevita Waranivalu will not get the release as he had already played for the capital city side in the Vodafone Premier League before applying for a release.
He adds Vuniuci Tikomaimereke’s application to join Labasa, Ilimotama Jese release to switch from Nadi to Ba and Vilitati Kautoga’s application has been transferred to the dispute committee.
Meanwhile, in this weekend’s Vodafone Premier League matches, Labasa plays Rewa at Nausori’s Ratu Cakobau Park on Sunday at 3pm.
In other matches at the same time, Tavua hosts Suva at Garvey Park and Nadi battles Ba at Prince Charles Park,
You can catch the live commentary of the Rewa -Labasa match on radio Fiji TWO.