Six confirmed dead in horrific Nabou accident
August 4, 2018 2:07 am
Police has now confirmed that six people are dead following a horrific accident in Nabou, Sigatoka this morning.
Police spokesperson, Ana Naisoro, says amongst the dead is the minivan driver and his three passengers.
Also dead are the driver of the truck and the passenger.
Twenty-five people are currently receiving treatment after they were seriously injured in the accident.
It is believed the van was on its way to Suva when it hit a truck that was coming from the opposite lane.
Witnesses have told FBC News both vehicles were trying to overtake at the bend.
FBC News understands the passengers in the minivan were heading to Suva to watch the Super Deans semi-finals.
There is so far no confirmation on whether the mini van was hired and we also understand the truck belonged to Grace Roads.
This is one of the most horrific accidents in recent times on our roads and the death toll for this year now stands at 42.