Postmortem reveals electrocution killed Sydney boy

February 14, 2023 12:40 pm

[File Photo]

The cause of death of an eight-year-old boy from Sydney at a hotel in Nadi has been confirmed.

Police say a postmortem revealed that the child died of electrocution.

Earlier on, police say the child, who was vacationing in the country with his family, was found lying motionless in a garden of a hotel in Nadi.

Article continues after advertisement

Police say on February 9th, a staff nurse from the Nadi Hospital rang and reported the death of an 8-year-old child at the Nadi Hospital.

A Wyndham Destinations Asia Pacific spokesperson said in a statement that the company expresses its heartfelt condolences to the family.

The spokesperson added that their management team is currently conducting a thorough investigation into the incident and cooperating with the police and authorities.

Investigation continues.