Home

Headlines Weather Search

News

Sports

Business

World

Radio

Radio Fiji One Mirchi FM Gold FM Bula FM 2Day FM Radio Fiji Two

TV

FBC TV FBC Sports FBC 2

News

FDL to have new owners

June 1, 2012 1:12 am

The Government is now working on selling its shares in the Fiji Dairy Limited.

The Government currently holds 80% shares in the company and the remaining 20% belongs to farmers.

Investment Fiji chairman Adrian Sofield says they are in the final stages of recommendations for a purchaser of FDL.

Article continues after advertisement

Sofield says 16 companies; both local and overseas had shown interest in buying the shares, however, after much consultation they have shortlisted two companies.

Sofield says the new owners of the factory should bring in significant changes which includes modernising the current equipment.

He adds the aim behind the restructure of the dairy industry is not only to improve the processing of dairy products, but also increase the number of dairy farmers – their herds, and milk production.

Currently, Fiji produces 10 million litters of milk annually and aims are to increase this to 25million litres a year.

The Agriculture Department is also looking at expanding the dairy industry in the western division.

Keep Connected With The Latest News, Weather, And Sports on Fiji's Best Radio stations.

Live Tune In
  • 95.4 FM
  • Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa
  • 95.2 FM
  • Sigatoka, Ba
  • 95.6 FM
  • Tavua
  • 95.8 FM
  • Rakiraki
Live Tune In
  • 102.6 FM
  • Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa
  • 102.4 FM
  • Sigatoka, Ba
  • 102.8 FM
  • Tavua
  • 103.0 FM
  • Rakiraki
Live Tune In
  • 97.8 FM
  • Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa
  • 97.6 FM
  • Sigatoka, Ba
  • 98.0 FM
  • Tavua
  • 98.2 FM
  • Rakiraki
Live Tune In
  • 93.0 FM
  • Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa
  • 92.8 FM
  • Sigatoka, Ba
  • 93.2 FM
  • Tavua
  • 93.4 FM
  • Rakiraki
Live Tune In
  • 100.2 FM
  • Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa
  • 100.0 FM
  • Sigatoka, Ba
  • 100.4 FM
  • Tavua
  • 100.6 FM
  • Rakiraki
Live Tune In
  • 105.0 FM
  • Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa
  • 104.8 FM
  • Sigatoka, Ba
  • 105.2 FM
  • Tavua
  • 105.4 FM
  • Rakiraki