Eleven victims near French Quarter
December 2, 2019 6:44 am
Police in New Orleans say there have been 11 victims of a shooting incident near the French Quarter tourist hub.
Two people are in critical condition, with shots to the chest and torso respectively. No fatalities have been reported.
The incident took place on Canal St between Bourbon and Chartres streets at about 03:20 local time (09:20 GMT).
Police said on their Twitter feed that “one suspect had been apprehended near the scene”.
They later said the person’s possible involvement was still under investigation and that no arrests had yet been made. No other details have been given.
The victims have all been taken to hospital.