Some Chinese construction workers issued with trespass orders in NZ
January 9, 2019 8:57 am
Chinese construction workers [Source: MSN]
Some Chinese construction workers have been issued with trespass orders banning them from their accommodation in South Auckland, New Zealand.
A lawyer for the labour hire company, National Personnel Limited has confirmed the workers were issued with the notices ordering them out of their temporary accommodation yesterday.
The workers tried to return to the property and the police were called to try to resolve the situation.
The company’s lawyer says the workers had been offered alternative accommodation.
Senior Sergeant Stephen Richards says the dispute relates to a civil matter and the role of the police was to ensure there was no breach of the peace.