ID parade to identify culprits
December 1, 2015 4:01 am
Acting Police Commissioner, Brigadier General Sitiveni Qiliho says they will organise an ID parade for Rajneel Singh who was allegedly assaulted by some police officers last month.
Brigadier General Qiliho told New Zealand based Radio Tarana the investigating team is still continuing with its work due to the complexity of allegations of police brutality.
32-year-old Singh who is an internet café operator in Lautoka claims he was assaulted and tortured by police.
“The victim has not been able to identify any policeman who might have been involved in it but we’ve organised ID parades especially for the Police Station in Ba where he was picked up from the vicinity of that station to go through that process in order to complete that process.”
In regards to the trail of emails that were sent regarding the alleged destabilisation of the government, Brigadier General Qiliho says they working on a few leads.