Farmer loses house in a fire in Ba
April 18, 2019 9:10 am
A farmer of Vatulaulau, Ba lost his house in a fire on Tuesday afternoon.
The National Fire Authority says the Suva Fire Station was alerted through a call from the home owner at 1:05pm that his house was on fire and immediately Ba fire station was informed to respond.
NFA says when firefighters reached the scene four minutes later, the two bedroom house was fully engulfed in fire.
The fire crew then quickly used one delivery of water from their fire truck to extinguish the fire.
According to the NFA, a tenant was renting the house with his two daughters.
NFA says it is understood that the fire started from the kitchen area while the tenant was cooking.