Wisconsin man injured after up skirting shoe camera explodes
June 29, 2018 5:23 pm
A man in the US State of Wisconsin was injured after a camera installed in his shoe exploded, local police say.
The 32-year-old had installed the device to take illicit photographs of women under their skirts.
Local police say he handed himself in but was not charged because he had not taken any images or video before the camera battery exploded.
Madison Police Chief Mike Koval wrote about the unusual incident on a blog published on Tuesday.
“When the explosion happened, he got treatment for minor burns, then disclosed what happened to his mentor, a clergyman,” Officer David Dexheimer told the Wisconsin State Journal newspaper.
The man then reportedly handed himself into police reporting a “sex offence”.