Man charged with NZ mosque attacks gave cash to Austrian far-right: Chancellor Kurz
March 28, 2019 12:23 pm
Austria’s far-right Identitarian Movement received cash from the man charged with killing 50 people in mass shootings at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz says they can now confirm that there was financial support and so a link between the New Zealand attacker and the Identitarian Movement in Austria.
A spokesman for prosecutors says the head of the Movement, Martin Sellner, received 1,500 euros early last year from a donor with the same name as the man charged over the March 15 Christchurch attacks.
Sellner, who did not reply to requests for comment from Reuters, published two videos on YouTube in which he said he had received a donation which involved an email address that matched the name of the Australian alleged to have carried out the Christchurch attacks.