New Bill Cosby TV show scrapped by NBC
November 19, 2014 5:21 pm
US TV network NBC has scrapped a proposed project with comedian Bill Cosby after accusations that he sexually assaulted women resurfaced.
In a statement, the company confirmed the project with the 77-year-old was “no longer in development”.
On Tuesday, streaming service Netflix postponed a special show with Cosby after a model alleged the comedian had sexually assaulted her in 1982.
Cosby has so far declined to comment on the allegation.
“We can confirm that the Cosby project is no longer in development,” NBC Spokesperson Rebecca Marks said.
The network declined to comment on the reason for the decision but said production of the show had not started.