Kevin Spacey: New allegations emerge
November 8, 2017 3:10 pm
New allegations of sexual harassment and predatory behaviour towards men and women by Kevin Spacey have emerged.
The claims, spanning from the mid-1980s to 2016, raise further questions about the US actor’s conduct in the decades he worked in Hollywood and as artistic director at London’s Old Vic theatre.
The BBC has contacted Mr Spacey for comment.
On Wednesday, the journalist whose October tweet triggered a series of accusations about Mr Spacey spoke out.
Former television news anchor Heather Unruh told a press conference in Boston that her son had been sexually assaulted by Mr Spacey, at the age of 18 in a bar in Nantucket, Massachusetts.
She said Mr Spacey had bought her under-age son alcohol and, after getting him drunk, had “stuck his hand inside my son’s pants and grabbed his genitals”.
She said Mr Spacey had invited her son to a party, but he had run away from the bar when Mr Spacey had gone to the lavatory.
A criminal investigation was now under way, Mrs Unruh said.
“Shame on you for what you did to my son. Your actions are criminal,” Mrs Unruh said through her tears.
Since the first allegation of sexual advances were made by actor Anthony Rapp on 30 October, US network Netflix axed further production of Mr Spacey’s House of Cards drama, the International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences announced it will no longer give the actor a special Emmy award, and his agent and publicist dropped him as a client.
In response to Mr Rapp’s claims, Mr Spacey said he has no memory of the incident and offered an apology.