Former Save the Children boss 'faced three complaints'
February 20, 2018 4:19 pm
A former chief executive of Save the Children faced three complaints of inappropriate behaviour towards female staff before leaving the charity, the BBC has learned.
Justin Forsyth was accused of sending texts to young female staff about how they looked and what they were wearing.
Mr Forsyth said he had “apologised unreservedly” to the three workers.
It comes as Oxfam and Save the Children have separately been quizzed by MPs about sexual misconduct by workers.
Mr Forsyth said he had “unsuitable and thoughtless conversations” with staff and thought the issue had been closed “many years ago”.
The concerns were handled through a process of mediation and no formal complaints were made, he added.
Mr Forsyth is currently deputy executive director at Unicef.
Save the Children said it had commissioned “a root and branch review of the organisational culture” at the charity “addressing any behavioural challenges among senior leadership”.