More Bati players demand change from FNRL board
February 11, 2018 12:01 am
More Vodafone Fiji Bati players are calling for the Fiji National Rugby League board to be voted out and reiterated the players will boycott until they get their World Cup prize money.
First it was Captain Kevin Naiqama who blasted the regime as unprofessional as he opened up on the players’ discontent over passport, visa and payment issues during last year’s tournament.
Veteran hooker James Storer also posted on social media supporting the captain on the current issues.
Storer says Fiji is the only country, which has not received the World Cup prize money.
He says they are taking a stand for all the upcoming players so that they don’t face this in the future.
He says it’s time to demand for a change.
Players like Eloni Vunakece, Marcelo Montoya and Ashton Sims have shown their support.
FNRL Chairperson Filimoni Vosarogo earlier told FBC Sports, that his board’s fate will be decided at the AGM on the 7th of April.