Jacob Saifiti demands change from FNRL board
February 11, 2018 4:00 am
More Vodafone Fiji Bati players are calling for the Fiji National Rugby League board to be voted out and reiterated the players will boycott until they get their World Cup prize money.
Jacob Saifiti is the latest players who has demanded for change in the parent body in Fiji.
He joins captain Kevin Naiqama and veteran hooker James Storer, who have blasted the regime as unprofessional and questioned the board on the prize money for reaching the World Cup semi-final last year.
Saifiti says the prize money is supposed to be divided amongst the players.
He says the players part of the World Cup singed a contract in-regard to this last year.
The Newcastle Knights forward adds, there are a lot of players who are relying on the prize money.
Saifiti says they need to make a stand for the future and if there is no changes he will not be part of the World Cup again.
Fiji Bati coach Mike Potter says, its good to see the senior players fighting for their rights against FNRL.
FNRL Chairperson Filimoni Vosarogo earlier told FBC Sports, that his board’s fate will be decided at the AGM on the 7th of April.