Police continue hunt for rape suspect
July 19, 2015 2:45 am
Police have confirmed that they are looking for a single suspect in the rape of the 9 year-old school girl of Nakasi last week.
Police Chief of Intelligence and Investigation ACP Henry Brown says they have interviewed the victim and contrary to media reports, only one man was involved in the attack.
Brown says they are following a number of leads to find the suspect.
“The investigation is ongoing. It’s still ongoing and the tempo is still the same. We have never formally – the police have never formally released that we are looking for two suspects. We got whatever information we have from the victim. We are working on that. We started with 30 detectives, they still on the ground. They are still working around the clock. The tempo has not changed.”
The victim has been released from hospital after being hospitalized for injuries received during the attack.