Fijians urged to make submissions for Code of Conduct Bill
January 11, 2019 4:43 pm
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Justice, Law and Human Rights will be conducting public consultations on the Code of Conduct Bill.
The Committee will be taking oral submissions from the members of the public and stakeholders nationwide during the weeklong consultation which starts on Monday.
The Bill aims to provide a uniform Code of Conduct for all public officials, judicial officers, members of statutory authorities, independent commissions and members of executive offices and members of Parliament.
Bill 33 of 2018 also sets out to establish an Accountability and Transparency Commission.
Members of the public and stakeholders are encouraged to make oral submissions.
• Monday, 14 January 2019 – Lautoka City Council Hall, Lautoka from 11am – 3pm;
• Tuesday, 15 January 2019 – Nadi Town Council Civic Centre, Nadi from 9am – 1pm;
• Wednesday, 16 January 2019 – Labasa Town Council Civic Centre Hall, Labasa from 11am – 3pm;
• Thursday, 17 January 2019 – Savusavu Provincial Administration Office, Conference Room from 11am – 3pm;
• Monday, 28 – 30 January 2019 – Suva, Parliament Big Committee Room 2 from 9.30am.
Click for Code of Conduct Bill [PDF Format] Code-of-Conduct Bill-33