NZ contributes $1.4m towards Men C Immunisation
August 25, 2018 5:20 am
The New Zealand Government has contributed around one point four million dollars to support its counterpart’s efforts to address meningococcal disease.
New Zealand High Commissioner to Fiji Jonathan Curr says they support the Fijian Government in its efforts to protect vulnerable groups from this serious disease and to immunize the most at risk population of young people aged 1-19 years.
Curr says Healthy communities is one of the most important outcomes that New Zealand seeks through its development cooperation with Pacific partners.
Meanwhile, Minister for Health Rosy Akbar has acknowledged the support.
The National Men C Immunisation will roll out in Levuka, Lomaiviti groups, Kadavu, Rotuma and Lakeba next week.
Meanwhile, more than two hundred and eighteen thousand children aged between one to nineteen years have been vaccinated under the National Meningococcal Immunisation Program so far.