Misconduct will not be tolerated says NFP
July 2, 2018 7:16 pm
The National Federation Party says that misconduct by provisional candidates will not be tolerated.
Leader, Professor Biman Prasad says their position is clear and will not be compromised for any candidate.
These comments follow allegations of rape and assault against a former provisional candidate, who resigned last week.
“We have accepted the resignation. The allegation is serious and the NFP to all its provisional candidates has a very clear set of instructions and obviously that is the end of the matter for us and the provisional candidates association with the Party.”
Earlier, Police confirmed the 66-year-old former provisional candidate and dentist was arrested last week for allegedly raping a 53-year-old woman in her Nasinu home.
It’s alleged the suspect – who is related to the victim – said he was tired after attending a wedding in Suva and asked to rest at the victim’s home.
It’s alleged the victim was in her bedroom later when the suspect knocked on the door and forced himself on her.