Man remains admitted after tragic accident
November 20, 2017 8:18 pm
A 23-year-old man remains admitted at the Colonial War Memorial Hospital following an accident that claimed the life of a 55-year-old farmer of Sote Village in Tailevu yesterday.
It is alleged that the victim lost control of the vehicle and veered off the road.
Police Spokesperson, Ana Naisoro says six people were rushed to the Korovou Hospital.
Naisoro says the 55-year-old victim was pronounced dead on arrival while four passengers aged, 15, 16, 35 and 51 were treated at the Korovou Hospital and sent home.
The 23-year-old was transferred to the CWM Hospital where he remains admitted as investigations continue.
The road death toll currently stands at 59 compared to 50 for the same period last year.