Man plans life ahead after acquittal
October 23, 2017 5:23 pm
A thirty-eight-year-old man could not hold his emotions outside the Suva High court yesterday after he was acquitted of a rape charge.
The man was alleged to have raped his twelve-year-old niece in Nabua, Suva last year in April.
The man told FBC news that he was happy that he was a free man.
“First of all i would like to thank the lord for answering my prayers in relation to the case that I was accused of and without him there would be nothing.”
Judge Justice Vincent Perera found the man not guilty because of inconsistencies in the complainant’s evidence.
He also said the prosecution failed to prove their case and acquitted the man.