Man charged with rape of seven-year-old
July 25, 2016 12:22 am
A 31-year-old man has been charged with the rape of a seven-year-old girl in Lautoka last year.
Police Commissioner, Brigadier General Sitiveni Qiliho says after months of painstaking work, investigators have finally managed to link the accused to the alleged incident which occurred in Tomuka, Lautoka.
The man has been charged with one count of rape, one count of abduction and one count of wrongful confinement.
Brigadier General Qiliho says his investigators were focused on ensuring those responsible are brought to justice.
He will be produced at the Lautoka Magistrates Court today.