Home

Headlines Weather Search

News

Sports

Business

World

Radio

Radio Fiji One Mirchi FM Gold FM Bula FM 2Day FM Radio Fiji Two

TV

FBC TV FBC Sports FBC 2

News

Landowners encouraged to consider FSC joint venture

September 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Landowners who have idle land and are not sure of how to utilize it are urged to consider cane farming.

The Fiji Sugar Corporation is encouraging its Joint Venture initiative, which comes under its five year strategic on cane development.

The Joint venture initiative sees FSC assist in the setting up of land as well as the farm preparation and the farming.

Article continues after advertisement

There are three types of Joint Venture schemes available.

The Straight Lease Option is where FSC leases the land from the landowning entity and pays the annual lease and lease premium.

It will also look after the cultivation and planting in the farm, and as such, proceeds from the sugar farm will go to FSC.

The 70/30 Option is where FSC handles the cultivation and farming aspects, however the landowning entity looks after the lease of the land.

Proceeds of the sugar cane farm are shared between the landowning entity, whom receives 70% and FSC the remaining 30%.

After five years, FSC gives the option to the landowner to fully take over the management of the farm, however should they choose to continue with the 70/30 set-up, FSC will continue to run and manage the farm.

The 100% Option is where FSC is purely engaged in a consultative manner.

The landowning entities handle the cultivation and farming of the land, they own the lease and FSC just provides guidance and advice.

FSC CEO Graham Clark says anyone interested in the Joint Venture schemes should contact the FSC for a discussion.

Some landowners in Labasa are already in a joint venture with the FSC

Keep Connected With The Latest News, Weather, And Sports on Fiji's Best Radio stations.

Live Tune In
  • 95.4 FM
  • Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa
  • 95.2 FM
  • Sigatoka, Ba
  • 95.6 FM
  • Tavua
  • 95.8 FM
  • Rakiraki
Live Tune In
  • 102.6 FM
  • Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa
  • 102.4 FM
  • Sigatoka, Ba
  • 102.8 FM
  • Tavua
  • 103.0 FM
  • Rakiraki
Live Tune In
  • 97.8 FM
  • Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa
  • 97.6 FM
  • Sigatoka, Ba
  • 98.0 FM
  • Tavua
  • 98.2 FM
  • Rakiraki
Live Tune In
  • 93.0 FM
  • Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa
  • 92.8 FM
  • Sigatoka, Ba
  • 93.2 FM
  • Tavua
  • 93.4 FM
  • Rakiraki
Live Tune In
  • 100.2 FM
  • Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa
  • 100.0 FM
  • Sigatoka, Ba
  • 100.4 FM
  • Tavua
  • 100.6 FM
  • Rakiraki
Live Tune In
  • 105.0 FM
  • Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa
  • 104.8 FM
  • Sigatoka, Ba
  • 105.2 FM
  • Tavua
  • 105.4 FM
  • Rakiraki