Four case of deaths recorded at work place
August 1, 2018 12:55 am
Four work place deaths were recorded by the Employment Ministry from last August to last month.
Included in the report was a total of one thousand one hundred and twenty eight cases of injuries.
Employment Minister Jone Usamate says the ministry will try and solve all these cases before the new No Fault Based Scheme come into effective from next year.
“If somebody gets hurt first of all we have to assign who’s at fault then after that we have to get the employer to agree to pay for the compensation ,if they don’t agree to pay for the compensation then we go to court ,we go to the employment relations tribunal who then makes a decision but under this No Fault Scheme once it proven the person got injured at work or died at work there is already a pool of fund available and you can immediately pay the fund to the at person obviously if somebody dies ,the money can be paid straight away.”
Usamate says the ministry often ends up in Court to solve the cases.