Fire destroys four-bedroom house
February 23, 2018 4:10 am
A four-bedroom corrugated partially concrete house was fully engulfed in a fire at Naivakacau village in Tailevu at about 7pm last night.
FBC News understands the fire may have been caused by an unattended burning candle which was placed by one of the family members on top of a plastic bucket.
Two fire trucks together with 15 fire fighters from Nausori, Vale levu and Walu Bay responded to the call however nothing was saved.
The house belongs to a retired prison officer and was empty when the fire broke out.
The estimated cost of damage stands is around sixty thousand dollars.
NFA and Police investigations continue.