Fire destroys bure at Beachcomber Resort
November 29, 2015 2:52 am
Police have confirmed that a bure at the Beachcomber Island Resort in the Mamanuca’s was destroyed by fire.
The incident happened on Friday.
Videos of the fire were posted on social media.
An official at the Resort also confirmed the incident saying there were no major damages.
Over two hundred Kiwi university students were on the island for a week-long holiday when the incident happened and the group also included NZ Prime Minister John Key’s son.
New Zealand media reports the blaze that is thought to have been started by a discarded cigarette – ripped through a bure at around 2am, hours before the festival-goers were to board a yacht to Nadi for their flights home.
No one was injured in the incident.
Police are still waiting a report on the fire.