Father of four granted bail
November 14, 2017 11:50 pm
A father of four alleged to have raped his wife last year was granted bail by the Suva High Court this morning.
The man has been charged with three counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.
In his ruling, Judge Justice Riyaz Hamza stated the man has been in remand since September 8th last year, while his trial will start in December next year.
Justice Hamza says the man has already spent fourteen months in remand and by the time the trial starts he will have spent more than two years in remand.
High Court Judge released the man on $1000 bail bond with two sureties.
He has also been ordered to report to the Nausori Police station every Saturday and told to surrender all travel documents.
The case will be recalled next Friday.