Bus accident case still before court
August 27, 2015 12:16 am
Minister for Transport Praveen Kumar Bala has confirmed that the issue of compensation to be paid to the passengers of the Raiwaqa Bus that crashed at Kubukawa road in Kalabu, last year directly relates to the case against the driver of the bus.
Bala said this while being asked by Opposition MP Ratu Sela Nanovo if he could inform the house on what is government’s plan to address the issue of compensation.
Bala says the case is currently pending in the Nasinu Magistrate Court and it cannot be discussed in parliament.
Some members of the Opposition also raised concerns on what processes are being followed to ensure safety on all buses operating in the country.
However, Speaker of the House Dr Jiko Luveni made her ruling on the matter that standing orders 61 were to be followed and the matter will not be discussed in parliament.