Home

Headlines Weather Search

News

Sports

Business

World

Radio

Radio Fiji One Mirchi FM Gold FM Bula FM 2Day FM Radio Fiji Two

TV

FBC TV FBC Sports FBC 2

News

12-year-old boy dies after getting electrocuted

January 2, 2019 12:51 pm
[File Photo]

A 12-year-old student of Lelean Memorial School has died after he was electrocuted in the early hours of the New Year.

Police say the deceased was playing with water along with other kids, when he accidentally tripped on an electric steel pole which is believed to be live.

Police adds that attempts were made to revive the boy but was unsuccessful.

The deceased was rushed to Nausori Health Center and later pronounced dead on arrival.